Engineer, Full Stack
Greater NYC Area
Founded in 2015, Even Financial is a B2B2C fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers. By seamlessly connecting financial institutions (including American Express, Goldman Sachs, and SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion, The Smart Wallet, and The Penny Hoarder) via its industry-leading API, Even turns any consumer touchpoint into an ROI-driven, programmatic acquisition source with full compliance and security across loans, savings, credit cards, and more. Even is backed by leading VCs and financial services firms including American Express Ventures, Citi Ventures, F-Prime Capital (Fidelity), Goldman Sachs, LendingClub, and MassMutual Ventures.
Even strives to foster an environment whereby all employees, across all functions and levels, are positioned for maximum personal and professional growth. We as a team have an ownership mentality, and everyone is all in to help Even achieve our vision and reach our enormous potential. Our values include being empowered (take initiative - don’t wait around for someone to tell you what to do), empirical (explore and iterate, relying on observation and experience), transparent (be helpful, straightforward and honest with customers and coworkers), and fearless (take bold risks and commit to a solutions-oriented approach).
We are looking for a strong, full stack engineer who will contribute to a variety of projects including small-to-monolithic services, our partner portal, internal tools and a component style guides.
- Contribute to apps and services built on the latest versions of scala, play.
- Help building a client portal in angular for configuring our entire platform.
- Build libraries for code used across applications.
- Develop tooling that implements an advanced continuous integration pipeline.
- Write and provide feedback on RFCs for new features in our collaborative design process.
- Review code with an emphasis on readability, maintainability and standards.
- Minimum 2+ years experience working as a professional software engineer, or a strong academic background in computer science.
- Experience working with JVM environments, or an interest to handle many types of pipelines.
- Meticulous attention to detail, in both your own work and when reviewing others'.
- You excel at designing and delivering functionality in a collaborative setting.
- Eager to master new technologies and techniques.
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
· A comprehensive medical/dental/vision package provided through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. Life and disability insurance are also included.
· Enrollment in our 401K plans. Once you are enrolled in the plan, you can change your contributions rate or opt out at any time.
· Stock option program
· Eight company paid holidays for the 2019 calendar year. Paid time off (PTO) is uncapped, should it be in accordance with the Company’s policy, which will be outlined during New Hire Orientation.
· A subsidized gym membership with ClassPass
Read Full Job Description