StrongArm is the world’s leading safety science company. Our mission is to keep every Industrial Athlete Proud, Protected, and Productive. We use wearable IoT technology to collect worker safety data that has never been available before, and apply it on both a widespread and granular scale. Our Production Team works to create and supply the cutting-edge hardware to our customers, from conception through delivery.
As a Production Engineer at StrongArm you will lead all aspects of delivering a hardware product at scale to customers. You’ll be leading the DFM, vendor management, technical implementation, tooling design, QA, and inbound/outbound logistics for all of StrongArm’s hardware set. As a member of the Production Team, you’ll have an opportunity to both manage an international supply chain and contribute technical expertise to bring a product to realization in mass production. You will be a key player in producing the hardware to enable our technology’s expansion to help more Industrial Athletes.
In this role, you will be highly collaborative - with our Hardware Team, Client Team, and our production partners. Interpersonal skills and the ability to learn and act quickly are crucial. You will interact constantly with manufacturing partners, and will need to to build the systems required to deliver the right hardware on-time.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a significant engineering background and experience manufacturing physical products at scale. We are looking for a self-starter with a solid foundation of engineering principles, combined with a desire to be the go-to person for production in a fast-growing start-up making a tangible difference on working people’s lives.
- Manage an international supply chain to deliver perfect hardware to clients, on-time
- Forecast and communicate delivery schedules to internal business teams and external partners
- Oversee and scale all inbound / outbound procedures for delivering hardware to and from client sites
- Implement QA processes throughout the supply chain to guarantee hardware functionality on-site
- Engineer, build, and test new product and processes improvements
- Maintain a spotless inventory management system
- Collaborate with design, electrical, and software teams to turn new product concepts into reality
- Meeting mission-critical project deadlines in fast-paced environment with many responsibilities
- Travel to external vendors as required, including overseas (~10%)
KEY REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in production, engineering, manufacturing, or similar production-related roles
- Experience bringing hardware from design concept through to production at scale
- Experience manufacturing physical products with injection molding, CNC machining, and sheet-metal processes. Soft-goods experience is a plus.
- Exceptional organizational skills and experience managing inbound/outbound shipping logistics
- Experience troubleshooting PCB electronics and designing tooling hardware
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple processes independently
- Proficient designing in SolidWorks or other CAD software
- Desire to grow, learn, and expand responsibilities within the Production Team in a fast-paced start-up environment
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.