Engineering Director, Apps at Meetup
At Meetup, we bring people together. Every month 2.6 million people use our mobile apps to Meetup in real life and find their community. To continue to help these tight-knit communities grow, and to help new ones form, we are rapidly growing our teams to maximize our impact on lives. Our mobile team has native apps for iOS and Android using Swift, Java, and Kotlin and embracing Flat and Material Design conventions. We're ready to reshape and rebuild Meetup for the mobile, global future, and to craft experiences that echo the amazing feeling of going to a great Meetup in real life.
If you're a leader who loves to inspire teams with your technical vision, with a strong desire to coach and grow managers and engineering leads and a relentless pursuit for quality, as well as experience partnering with product and design to build mobile apps that delight users, this is the career for you.
You are our ideal teammate if you have:
- Deep experience with native iOS and Android apps
- At least 5 years experience managing and growing a mobile engineering team.
- Experience collaborating with product and design to build a high level roadmap and vision for a mobile team.
- A deep understanding of how cross-functional product teams work at a software product company and experience managing such teams.
- Experience and a deep interest in leading initiatives for improving Meetup engineering culture, values, process, speed, quality, execution, and delivery.
- Experience leading recruiting initiatives, as well as growing and organizing engineering teams.
Check out what our teams are working on now: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?