Engineering Director, Product
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
To continue to help these tight-knit communities grow, and to help new ones form, we are rapidly growing our teams to maximize our impact on lives. We're ready to reshape and rebuild Meetup for the mobile, global future, and to craft experiences that echo the amazing feeling of going to a great meetup in real life.
If you are an experienced leader who inspires teams with your technical vision, has a passion for coaching and directing managers and engineering leads to ensure they meet ambitious goals, and you have demonstrated success partnering with teams to build products that delight users, then this is the job for you.
As an Engineering Director at Meetup, you will be part of the engineering leadership team. You are our ideal team-mate if you have:
- At least 5 years’ experience both managing engineers and leading an engineering team.
- Experience collaborating with product to build a high-level roadmap and vision for a team.
- A deep understanding of how cross-functional product teams work at a software product company and experience managing such teams.
- Experience and a deep interest in leading initiatives for improving Meetup engineering culture, values, process, speed, quality, execution, and delivery.
- Experience leading recruiting initiatives, as well as growing and organizing engineering teams.
Check out our engineering blog: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?