Engineering Lead, Healthcare at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the third year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working as part of a cross-functional team building software and systems that scale. You will be building services and integrations to support our Healthcare products.
What You Will Do:
- Develop new, and enhance existing, typescript client and server-side applications.
- As an Engineering Lead on the team, you will be the technical leader developing & maintaining the team’s applications
- Uncover requirements working closely with product managers; suggest technical designs necessary to implement features and get teams’ buy in.
- Define and establish best practices for testing and designing reusable code.
- Be influential in making architectural, design, and technical stack recommendations within the team.
- Balance feature development with tech debt and ensure the code is well tested, readable, maintainable and free of regression defects.
- Drive the operational excellence of the services owned by your team, including continuously improving the performance and security of the application.
Who You Are:
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common design patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use certain software design patterns.
- Experience with Agile methodologies is required.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including strong communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask and who cares about the customer experience.
- Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on libraries, frameworks, and toolsets.
- Able to provide technical guidance and mentoring to other less experienced members of the team.
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
- Curious about technology and believe in constant learning.