CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the third year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, technology focused and customer-centric team lead to join our mobile team. As an Engineering Leader of one of our mobile squads, you will be responsible for the leadership of your team as well as the design, development, testing, and deployment of features in our native mobile applications and frameworks. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing mobile software, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and experience or desire to lead others in achieving results in a fast paced environment. This individual will have a strong track record of helping to deliver an effective, highly-available, and flexible technology platform in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly.
If you are a mobile developer at heart, with a creative-flair, problem-solving skills, have worked on published mobile iOS or Android applications, and a hunger to grow and lead others to help drive CLEAR’s next generation products, this is a great opportunity for you!
What You Will Do:
- Take ownership of one of our mobile team squads, being responsible for the people in that squad and its delivery of features and enhancements.
- Design and build consumer facing native mobile applications and frameworks on iOS and Android to leverage CLEAR’s platform and capabilities
- Use best practices to ensure delivery of high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Direct and implement new features and optimize existing ones from draft to implementation
- Develop and maintain mobile SDKs used to integrate with our identity-as-a-service platform
- Lead squad team meetings such as standup, grooming and planning sessions
- Be responsible for the management of engineers on your squad, both internal and external
- Work with stakeholders, both internal and external, to determine different use cases for the CLEAR API on the mobile platform
Who You Are:
- You have at least 8 years of development, and at 5 years of experience building native apps with iOS and/or Android using the latest tools and frameworks
- You have 1-2 years of experience working in a leadership role, and the desire to guide, coach and grow others
- Experience working with either Swift, Kotlin or Java
- You have worked on at least one app on the App Store or Google Play, open-source framework contributions, extensive coding tutorial, or example project on GitHub
- You have experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience delivering features end to end, spanning native mobile apps to backend APIs
- You have the ability and willingness to work with any language building both front-end mobile prototypes and simple back-end applications. Previous prototyping experience and knowledge in prototyping tools and data analytics are considered a plus
- Passionate about mobile apps on all platforms
- Bonus points
- Experience building backend cloud apps using AWS
- Experience with backend development technologies for building RESTful APIs