Engineering Lead - Tempus Insights
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Passionate about building great software products?
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. Your team helps to set goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment. Tempus Insights is our business to develop, validate and launch new predictive tests, in oncology and new disease areas, by leveraging our clinical + molecular + imaging data to provide novel insights to clinicians and patients.
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern full-stack tech stack - React and Node.js on AWS - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Our decentralized, microservice architecture and emphasis on automation allow us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence, and at scale
Why we’re looking for you:
- You've got a few years of experience managing software development teams, and can lead technical analysis & design, evaluate tradeoffs, and champion best practices
- You have experience managing cloud infrastructure, have built and deployed containerized applications and services
- You understand the challenges and appreciate the rewards of a distributed and event-based architecture
- You're a devoted Scrum Master who’s worked in fast-paced, agile environments, helped keep projects on track, and unblocked your team more times than you can count
- You write meaningful, useful documentation and tests, and coordinate cross-team collaboration
- You enjoy learning from and collaborating with a diverse, talented team and mentoring junior team members
Bonus points for:
- Experience developing software in regulated areas, especially FDA approved medical devices
- Experience with AWS tech like S3, SNS, SQS, Lambda, and Batch
- Experience with Docker and related technologies
- Experience in biotech, genomics, clinical research and/or precision medicine
Responsibilities for the position:
- Works with Product Managers to build roadmaps, resourcing plans, systems design, and product increment planning
- Leads a team of 3-5 engineers working as part of a cross-functional team
- Leverages our career progression framework to develop engineering talent within the team and actively manages the performance of individual contributors
- Works with other Engineering Leads to produce design artifacts that describe software architectures involving multiple systems and technologies
- Adopts, contributes, and spreads practices and norms that achieve well designed systems, maintainable code, and productive teams
- Works with Product Managers as needed to plan across multiple Scrum teams, and presents solutions to optimize for effort across the end-to-end Tempus ecosystem
- Actively drives team improvement through retrospectives and other team activities