Engineering Lead/Manager - Internal Tools
Greater NYC Area
Primary is a vertically integrated ecommerce brand that is changing how parents shop for kids clothes. We have our sights set on transforming the $30B kids clothing industry in the U.S. We are venture-backed, and building a team of superstars with significant experience across ecommerce, apparel, and technology. We launched mid-2015 to overwhelming press and customer response (82 NPS score), and are on our way to building a break-through brand that can be part of millions of people’s lives. Our founders (both women!) were previously senior executives at Quidsi, the ecommerce company behind Diapers.com, which was acquired by Amazon for $545M.
We're looking for a very hands on leader/manager for the Internal Tools Engineering team. You will be largely responsible for maintaining our internal admin portal and other internal facing tools. You will be hiring, developing and leading a team of engineers to push the our internal tools forward and build software to support our customer support and merchandising teams. You will also help build other backend facing tools to help better interact with our data, including upgrading our backend to utilize our search engine. You'll partner with product, analytics, CSR, merchandising and other business areas to support their needs and create more efficient processes. You will lead an engineering team and provide a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use.
- Continue writing code in addition to representing the group to management, vetting plans for feature delivery/experiments, and managing the tech details of projects at both high and low level
- Focus on entire team productivity and increase team output and work product
- Provide mentorship and guidance to members of the team including 1:1s with the team
- Understand overall architecture of our systems and solid foundation of how to design complex software
- Experience breaking work into deliverable pieces and get as much productive work done simultaneously
If you fit this description and are interested in joining our powerhouse team, we would love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description