Engineering Manager, Android at Vimeo
At Vimeo, we love designing and engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work within cross functional teams on professional-grade video tools for creators, supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of videographers and businesses worldwide.
About the team:
The Mobile team is a small team that cares about user experience and celebrates technical excellence. We emphasize collaboration and believe diverse perspectives are key to building great technology. We also believe that great teams reach success faster when teammates take the time for self-care and care for one another.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of engineers across multiple platforms to build great products while providing guidance to help increase the efficiency, stability, and maintainability of everything your team produces
- Work individually with direct reports to facilitate their career paths for growth within your team and at Vimeo
- Partner with Recruiting and HR to attract and retain a diverse team of engineers through hiring, mentoring, feedback, and career development
- Develop and implement processes for building better software and teams, and become an evangelist for architectural and organizational best practices
- Work closely with our Design and Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate upon and test new features
- Thoughtfully negotiate, clarify, and communicate engineering priorities across teams to make sure they align with overall business objectives
- Effectively partner with other leaders to influence strategic decisions and drive change on behalf of your team
- Create a collaborative and inclusive engineering environment that is open-minded, respectful, and effective, while fostering a team culture of accountability, communication, and self-management
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Extensive knowledge and development experience (3+ years) in building and distributing products on a native Android platform. Multi-platform experience is a plus
- Solid experience with software version control, developer task management tools, and agile workflow
- Strong advocacy for testing, analytics, and KPI awareness on prior projects, as a developer or engineering leader
- A track record of mentoring engineers and advocating for their career growth
- Extensive experience designing and implementing systems with clarity, reusability, testability, and scalability in mind
- Ability to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Prior experience and success in recruiting great people to your team, with an emphasis on maintaining psychological safety as your team grows
- Experience leading and managing engineers towards delivering timely, high-quality software
- The technical knowledge to guide, challenge, and inspire engineers to make excellent architecture and product decisions
- A strong organizational ability to manage complex projects and complete them in a timely manner
- Great attention to detail
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.