We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of Android Engineers. Your primary goals are to build strong relationships in service of creating a happy, fulfilled, and efficient team, and to help raise the level of Hinge’s engineering practices, processes, and culture.
What you'll do:
- Manage, coach, and grow a team of Android engineers
- Shape team growth, structure, and culture
- Clarify, prioritize, and coordinate team engineering investments
- Increase efficiency of team workflows and processes
- Create clarity and alignment within team and across organization
- Contribute to feature/project development as needed (avg 60:40 ratio of management to IC work)
- You have 1-3 years of management, mentorship, or teaching experience
- You have 4+ years professional experience as Android developer (2+ years Kotlin preferred)
- You thrive in a supportive leadership role
- You are capable of and can facilitate clear, productive, and empathetic communication
- You have experience with project management
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description