Engineering Manager, Biometrics at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, stadiums and venues nationwide. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, technology focused and customer-centric software development leader. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading our Biometrics Platform team in design, development, test, and deployment of these services. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing software, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This individual will have a strong track record of helping to deliver an effective, highly-available, and flexible technology platform in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly.
Do you geek out on performance tuning, scaling a microservices backend system, learning or further enhancing your biometrics technology knowledge? Looking for a technology driven passionate leader that wants to help take our core biometrics platform to the next level.
In this role, you will:
- Make technology improvements for scalability to power sub-second verifications in biometrics across a large user base.
- Set up our biometric platform for better resiliency and operational excellence.
- Evaluate and implement new biometric technologies for use in our platform.
- Partner with product across agile delivery and product strategy to take our biometrics platform to the next level and beyond.
- Lead a team of engineers who are building cloud native applications hosted in AWS using modern distributed application design patterns.
- Hire and continually support the development of your team. We value intellectual curiosity, autonomy, and ownership and you will encourage, empower, and support your team's continued growth.
Who You Are
- Experience with biometrics is a nice to have but not necessary
- 8+ years of experience in understanding of all aspects of software engineering, including coding, maintenance, architecture and design
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Drive Operational Excellence of a consumer facing software solution
- Understand OO design and knowledge of relevant modern design patterns
- Able to build, manage, and work with multiple teams to achieve defined goals
- Up to date with technology trends and experience in building cloud native is a plus