Engineering Manager (CFX) at Peloton
Our team builds software that runs on all our Connected Fitness Devices, including the Peloton Bikes and the Peloton Treads.
We are looking for motivated and proactive engineering managers with a strong technical background, experience leading engineering teams, proven leadership skills, a love for working with people, and a track record of delivering high-quality software.
- Staff and manage a team of engineers responsible for developing and enhancing the application software running on Peloton Connected Fitness Devices such as the Peloton Bike and Tread
- Implement best practices in architectural design and mentor team in these practices
- Motivate and drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team. Provide adequate management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1’s and other forums as needed to support the group and individual development objectives of team members
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Program Management, and UX/UI to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives including defining objectives and driving new architecture
- Establish team level KPIs to measure the effectiveness of the team’s output and impact on customer engagement
- Instill a culture of automation, re-use and engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns and leveraging commercial, off the shelf tools
- Identify cross-functional dependencies and remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, and product management
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality
- 8+ years of software development experience, with some experience in native Android development. Demonstrable experience in having deployed Android applications commercially into production
- Experience with both Object-Oriented and Functional languages/designs
- Strength with Kotlin/Java for code reviews and making technical decisions
- 2+ years of leadership experience in team leadership and technology management
- Experience working with Agile methodology and delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team
- Ability to identify the strength and weakness of individuals to maximize team effectiveness; guide individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring
- Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers
- Effectively communicate between teams and within teams to drive alignment and increase effectiveness on delivery
- Familiarity with CI/CD and Test Pyramid. Understand how to incorporate test automation into development flows
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with application localization
- Experience with building applications with accessibility
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada, and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.