About the Role
We’re working to change the way wealth is created
Yieldstreet is growing very fast and looking for an engineering leader that will be our champion in this mission. This is a crucial role in Yieldstreet’s infrastructure engineering organization. Together with a super-talented, motivated and distributed complex of product, test, site reliability, and security engineers, you will take a hands-on role to build our large and growing, modern and highly distributed platform. You will also manage brilliant engineers, hire and expand our engineering team, and play a big part in defining our engineering process and culture
We're looking for a candidate who can be based out of NYC, Boston, or Miami
What You'll Do:
- Develop, mentor, and empower our infrastructure engineers and managers globally
- Assist in the development of our site reliability engineering practice
- Work with product, security, data, and test engineering to flesh out the future of Yieldstreet’s infrastructure
- Improve the way we build our platform - contribute to engineering-wide process improvements across Yieldstreet
- Help us maintain the rapid growth pace for our team by participating in the hiring process, interviewing, and being an advocate for Yieldstreet
- Do some hands-on work on our platform
What You'll Need:
- Experience managing software engineers
- Strong desire to help people grow - your proudest career accomplishments are helping others
- 5+ years of overall experience, mostly in Linux systems and cloud engineering
- Strong foundation in systems performance, architecture, and security
- Experience in deploying and improving CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working in a team environment, collaborating with product, test, and security engineering to deliver consumer-facing products in a regulated environment
Bonus point for:
- Experience with event-sourced microservice development
- Experience working with messaging systems (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ), and streaming data (Apache Spark, AWS Kinesis)
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Graph Databases
- Experience in a Kubernetes native environment
- Previous entrepreneurial venture or start-up experience
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Private Business Credit. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is composed of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $2B, and we continue to stay social during the pandemic with virtual social hours, exercise classes, meditation sessions, recipe sharing and so much more!
Yieldstreet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.