What do we do?
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind and founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users and more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students and teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher.
TpT is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the teams that are building the infrastructure that powers TpT and all of its development efforts. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to define a strategy for how to use cloud services to build reliable, performance, efficient applications.
The Cloud operations team is at the core of TpT Engineering. We build the infrastructure tooling and capabilities that allow us to support the rapidly growing TpT marketplace and TpT School Access experiences. As an Engineering Manager for this team, you will be responsible for developing and retaining talent on the team, as well as delivering results for our business and the teachers we serve.
You will be responsible for devising strategy, defining success metrics, and implementing solutions - all while we continue to grow and scale our platform and products.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, recruit, and manage engineers to build a world-class cloud platform that supports the development efforts of 70+ engineers
- Architect and maintain the infrastructure that supports development, test and production environments
- Be responsible for ensuring that our cloud infrastructure meets the security and compliance requirements of our many products and services
- Constantly improve incident management and response best practices across the Engineering team
- Manage our infrastructure budget to optimize spend on cloud services
- Be a champion of operational excellence at TpT, helping teams operate reliable, scalable and cost-effective applications
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- At least 6+ years of relevant experience, with 2+ years of experience in a management role
- Experience managing results-oriented cloud-based operations or SRE teams
- Comfortable with lean engineering and project management practices with a track record of successfully managing and delivering several large projects
- Track record of successfully developing the careers of direct reports
- Experience operating service oriented web applications at scale
- Strong ability to evaluate technical tradeoffs
- Well formed opinions on quality and maintainability of technical systems
- Loves to move fast and iterate to create high-quality platforms usable by Product Engineering teams
Extra credit for experience with:
- Experience with technologies we use in our stack including Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Chef, Node.js, React, AWS
- OSS Contributor
- Knowledge of Ed-Tech
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process can contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.