At Vimeo, we love designing and engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work on professional-grade video tools for creators and have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
We’re a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, and is driven by careful attention to detail and planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great technology and believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, and one another.
The Collaboration team develops and maintains functionality for teams and collaborative tools in the Core Vimeo product. We own the full technical stack used that enables teams to share access to resources in dynamic ways, see real-time activity within a team, and collaborate with tools such as video review. Making Vimeo even better for teams of all sizes is a major priority
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of engineers that, in addition to coding, empathizes with customers and collaborates cross-functionally to identify and solve problems
- Work individually with direct reports to optimize their career paths for growth at Vimeo
- Provide mentorship to help increase the efficiency, stability, deliverability, and maintainability of everything your team produces
- Partner with Recruiting and HR to attract and retain a diverse team of engineers through hiring, mentoring, feedback, and career development
- Develop and implement processes for building better software and better teams, and become an evangelist for architectural and organizational best practices
- Work closely with our Design and Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate and test new features
- Thoughtfully negotiate, clarify, and communicate engineering priorities across teams to make sure they align with overall business objectives
- Effectively partner with other leaders to influence strategic decisions, and advocate for and drive change on behalf of your team
- Create a collaborative and inclusive engineering environment that is open-minded, respectful, and effective, while fostering a team culture of accountability, communication, and self-management
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- A track record of mentoring and growing people
- Extensive experience designing and implementing systems with clarity, reusability, testability, and scalability in mind
- Ability to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Experience successfully recruiting great people to your team
- Experience leading and managing engineers towards delivering timely high quality software
- Enough technical sense to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions
- Have strong organizational ability and can break up projects into manageable pieces and complete them in a timely manner
- Pay great attention to detail–whether building a tool for reviewing videos or processing subscription payments, the details are crucial on a team entrusted with supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of professional videographers and businesses
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs