Engineering Manager, Content Configuration at Dataminr
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for 'Most Innovative Use of AI' from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You'll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team working on scaling the ingestion and secure management of customer data. The team will work to quickly bring not only different types of customer data, but will also build a platform that will allow Dataminr to quickly onboard customer data through different integrations. This customer data must then be securely accessible by other Engineering teams to serve a variety of Product use cases.
Who you are:
You are passionate about customer data platforms. You have a proven track record of scaling ingestion and storage of customer data and providing solutions that allow other teams to quickly hook into new data types.
You are a strong engineer with a depth of experience in software development and technical leadership.
You love growing people and developing their careers.
You have experience leading and coaching teams to deliver quality software solutions while having fun.
- Build and lead a team of engineers by hiring, coaching, and mentoring
- Partner with Product, Design, and Engineering to plan, develop, and deliver solutions on time
- Implement a balanced technical roadmap that ensures modernization and future platform growth
- Cultivate a thriving culture that promotes innovation while bringing others along
- Be an active role model in the organization and partner with other leaders to drive positive change
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience building customer data platforms: supporting a variety of ingestion workflows, securely storing data, providing APIs to facilitate flexible and performant queries by other teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to interface and partner with different levels of the organization
- Prior management and leadership experience, growing, mentoring and developing a team effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize projects in a fast-paced, high-growth technology/SaaS/cloud-based environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or 5+ years of relevant experience
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
...and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law .
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian -based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.