Engineering Manager, Core Marketplace
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. We are the world’s first and largest open marketplace where educators share, sell, and buy original educational resources.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win”.
With over 2/3 of US teachers using the site, and 4 million educators globally, we are seeking engineers who love solving complex problems and want to make a meaningful impact in educators’ lives.
The Core Marketplace team powers fundamental components of our stack while also building across TpT to create a first-class customer experience.
As the Engineering Manager for Core Marketplace, you will help shape the long-term product & technical vision while also own its implementation. Like all engineering managers at TpT, you will manage product goals and execution, set technical direction and guide product strategy while collaborating closely with other leaders and executives.
- Lead and grow a team of full-stack, front-end, and back-end engineers to help TpT reach its full potential.
- Shape our long-term vision for our Core Marketplace offering and how the work integrates with the broader TpT engineering platform.
- Ensure the health, reliability, and performance of our marketplace from a technical standpoint.
- Take ownership and responsibility for producing maintainable, monitorable, and highly available software systems.
- Be an active member of the engineering community by blogging and speaking about your experiences at TpT.
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- 3+ years of engineering management experience leading high performing teams tackling difficult problems.
- Strong communicator who can crisply explain complex technical concepts.
- Collaborates with product managers, community relations, and other engineering leaders in the org.
- Comfortable with lean engineering and agile project management practices with a track record of successfully managing and delivering several large projects.
- Loves to move fast and iterate to create high-quality products.
Extra credit for experience with:
- eCommerce and/or marketplaces