Engineering Manager, Core SaaS
At Vimeo, we love designing and engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work on professional-grade video tools for creators and have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
About the team:
We’re a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, and is driven by careful attention to detail and planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great technology and believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, and one another.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of engineers to build great products while providing guidance to help increase the efficiency, stability, deliverability, and maintainability of everything your team produces
- Partner with Recruiting and HR to attract and retain a diverse team of engineers through hiring, mentoring, feedback, and career development
- Develop and implement processes for building better software and better teams, and become an evangelist for architectural and organizational best practices
- Work closely with our Design and Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate and test new features
- Thoughtfully negotiate, clarify, and communicate engineering priorities across teams to make sure they align with overall business objectives
- Effectively partner with other leaders to influence strategic decisions, and advocate for and drive change on behalf of your team
- Create a collaborative and inclusive engineering environment that is open-minded, respectful, and effective, while fostering a team culture of accountability, communication, and self-management
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Have a track record of mentoring and growing people
- Have extensive experience designing and implementing systems with clarity, reusability, testability, and scalability in mind
- Are able to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Successfully recruited great people to your team
- You have experience leading and managing engineers towards delivering timely high quality software
- Enough technical sense to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions
- Have strong organizational ability and can break up projects into manageable pieces and complete them in a timely manner
- Pay great attention to detail–whether building a tool for reviewing videos or processing subscription payments, the details are crucial on a team entrusted with supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of professional videographers and businesses
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. With over 150 million members across more than 150 countries, we help anyone grow their business by making it easy to create and market high-quality, impactful videos.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world, and is an operating business of IAC. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.