We are looking for a technical leader to join our growing engineering team at Teachable. Our engineering team is structured into small pods of four to six engineers, each led by a pod lead. For this role you will oversee a team of engineers on one of our seven pods, supporting team members and ensuring the successful execution of their projects and operations.
While you will not be expected to write critical path code, you will spend some time coding and be the technical owner on your team. You achieve results not through micromanagement, but rather by empowering your team and helping them to run autonomously to deliver great work. You are a growing people manager who cares about the well-being and growth of your engineers, you have experience coaching your team members to success and developing their careers.
Read up more about engineering here in How We Code at Teachable
- Manage 4-6 engineers building features, tools, and infrastructure.
- Lead successful development and delivery of team projects and operations
- Mentor direct reports, provide performance feedback and help them develop their careers.
- Collaborate with product, design, and other teams to set the teams roadmap and balance new features with technical debt.
- Partner with engineering leadership to help determine engineering team strategy, tackle team-wide inefficiencies.
- Upholds Teachable values, including working as part of a diverse team.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, with 5+ years of combined tech leadership and people management.
- Previously lead and/or managed a team of 3 or more engineers.
- Hands-on coding experience developing scalable web applications.
- Extensive experience shipping user-facing product, preferably in the consumer space.
- Proficient at project management; can make the right tradeoffs to ship projects on time with high quality.
- Experience mentoring individual contributors of different seniority levels and expertise (frontend/backend).
- Passion for continuous improvement and proven ability to instill in their teams
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than $850 million to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least January 2021
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
Dependent Care FSA
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.