Engineering Manager, Developer Efficiency at Asana
We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping others contribute more and develop not just as engineers, but also as human beings. As an engineering manager, you will focus on developing the team around you. You are as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about challenging technical problems that your team will solve.
The Developer Efficiency team is focused on putting the flow into workflow for Asana product engineers, and ensuring that we have fast, useful, and reliable tools for all parts of our edit-compile-test cycle. We architect solutions involving a set of complex and interrelated systems: builds and bundling, compilation speed, testing and debugging, continuous integration, git workflow, environment setup, and more. And the team needs a dedicated manager in order to grow!
What you'll achieve
- Manage and enable the growth of the talented engineers on the developer efficiency team
- Partner with the team to set a roadmap and vision for the ideal developer environment and workflow for Asana engineers
- Solve upcoming scalability problems related to our developer environment, build system, and continuous integration system
- Modernize our testing tooling, tighten iteration loops, and polish frequent cycles in the developer experience
- Recruit for and grow the Developer Efficiency team
- Define how the team evolves and interacts with the rest of Asana
- Work with other Asana NYC engineering leaders to guide and shape the culture and growth of the NYC office
- You are deeply passionate about the developer experience and excited by the impact your work has on every product engineer.
- 1+ year of engineering management experience
- Can rapidly earn the trust of a technically astute team through your rare mix of intelligence, charisma, integrity, and technical skills
- Focus on maximizing impact, for yourself and your team
- Ability to provide valuable input to any technical or product discussion such as design documentation and white-boarding sessions
- Kind and intellectually mature
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.