Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform leverages data science and technology to deliver modern intelligence to providers and simplify the healthcare experience for patients.
Cedar has built a platform that combines data science and machine learning to connect patients with healthcare providers in a way that helps tackle the critical challenges of patient billing and payment. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
We're looking for an experienced DevOps leader to run the team that builds and enhances the Cedar application infrastructure, internal tools, and development environments. The Platform Operations team works closely with other engineering teams to improve the speed and reliability of Cedar components. This leader needs to be comfortable getting their hands dirty and leading from the front. Engineering skills and the ability to make meaningful technical contributions are required on top of the managerial skills vital to keep a growing team as productive as possible.
- Design and implement scalable processes for onboarding new team members and engineers into our tech stack.
- Manage team backlog and prioritization, factoring in external requests and internally driven needs.
- Deploy, maintain, and support applications, servers, and cloud services in support of our rapidly growing tech stack.
- Cloud resource capacity and cost modeling and planning.
- Ensuring our customer-facing systems are distributed, recoverable, and highly available.
- Automate everything.
- Collaborate continuously with the product development teams to refine and improve our CI/CD capabilities.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of building, hiring, running, and caring about teams of engineers, Platform, Site Reliability Engineering, or DevOps teams strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of proven experience with enterprise infrastructure operations.
- Experience capacity planning.
- Ability to drive technical decision-making through objectively assessing trade-offs based on architecture, scope, business priorities, and impacts to product experience.
- Experience programming in a language like Python, Golang, Java. You may not code daily but should have the ability to hold a code quality bar on your team.
- 3+ years of experience working with configuration management tooling (Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- 3+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services and infrastructure as code, terraform strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Networking is essential.
- Strong computer science fundamentals - a degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field or similar experience
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year, and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Engineering Manager (DevOps) who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.