Engineering Manager, Digital at Teachers Pay Teachers
What do we do?
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world in 2019! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
The Digital team at TpT is focused on building the next generation of learning experiences for the millions of teachers and students that rely on our platform. Device-based content is an increasingly critical part of the teaching process. To meet those needs, we are launching tools that allow teachers to easily distribute assignments and let students complete their work, submit it, and receive feedback on their devices. We are also building features for teachers to better understand the progress students are making in their learning as they complete this work digitally.
As an Engineering Manager for the Digital team, you will help shape the long-term product and technical vision and own its implementation. You will work with cross-functional partners to design and build technology that improves the lives of millions of educators. You will also help the team adapt to changing needs and grow as individuals. Like all engineering managers at TpT, you will manage product goals and execution, set technical direction, and grow the engineers on your team.
- Lead and mentor a team of full-stack, front-end, and back-end engineers to help TpT reach its full potential.
- Shape our long-term vision for our Digital offering and how the work integrates with the broader TpT engineering platform.
- Ensure the health, reliability, and performance of our Digital products.
- Take ownership and responsibility for producing maintainable, monitorable, and highly available software systems.
- Be an active member of the engineering community by blogging and speaking about your experiences at TpT.
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- 3+ years of engineering management experience leading high performing teams tackling difficult problems.
- Strong communicator who can crisply explain complex technical concepts.
- Collaborates with product managers, community relations, and other engineering leaders in the org.
- Comfortable with lean engineering and agile project management practices with a track record of successfully managing and delivering several large projects.
- Loves to move fast and iterate to create high-quality products using a data-driven approach.
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process can contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.