Engineering Manager, Enrollments at Vericred
Vericred has built the first multi-carrier, end-to-end quoting, enrollment and member management API solution for Health Insurance and Employee Benefits. Our API allows technology companies to submit group and member data in a standardized format, which is then transmitted to the appropriate insurance carrier in the format each requires. With early adoption from all of the major medical carriers and overwhelming interest from end-user-facing platforms, our Quoting and Enrollments APIs are poised for massive growth.
At its core, Vericred is a technology and data company. The Vericred engineering team plays a central role in building APIs that are transforming the health insurance industry. We're an agile team that seeks to constantly improve our skills and process. We build high quality code through TDD, pair programming, code review, static analysis and documented best practices. We ensure we're building the right thing in collaboration with the Product team through product inceptions, architecture reviews and roadmap prioritization. We're looking for engineers who are excited about working on hard problems and contributing to our shared culture.
This role is located in NYC and reports to the Director of EngineeringIn this role you will make an impact by:
- Mentoring engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Empowering your team to achieve a high level of productivity, reliability and predictability
- Contributing to Vericred's engineering culture, process and best practices
- Driving the roadmap and priorities for your team, and work with dependencies across the company
- Designing, building, and maintaining APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems
- Owning the planning and delivery of new partner integrations
- You have a track record of leading engineering teams that ship
- Successfully balance manager responsibilities and individual contributor work
- Have deep experience designing and building APIs
- You're comfortable planning in months and quarters
- You've got excellent organizational and collaboration skills, keeping your team and key stakeholders informed and on-track
- You're thoughtful of and attentive to the continued growth of your team members
- You’re an expert in Ruby
What We Do
Founded in 2014, Vericred is a data services company simplifying the exchange of health insurance and employee benefits data. What Plaid has done for financial services and Sabre for travel and hospitality, we are doing for health insurance by building digital infrastructure to enable the transformation of this $1 Trillion industry.
Who We Are
At Vericred, we are data people: process driven, organized, and obsessed with the details. We value collaboration and make sure we have plenty of opportunities to spend time together outside of the office through fitness events, movie nights, happy hours, and more. We love our work and recognize the importance of balancing interests, relationships, and time outside of it. We are avid learners and prioritize personal and professional growth alongside company growth at the individual and the team level.
Our benefits include
- Competitive Salary
- Equity Participation
- 100% company paid medical and dental for you and your dependents
- Healthcare and dependent FSA
- 401K with matching
- Twice weekly catered lunches
- Unlimited snacks and drinks in-office
- Responsible PTO policy
- Pre-tax commuting benefits
- fRYEday: Our end of week Rye tasting and happy hour ritual
- Stand-up desks
- Centrally located office on Madison Square Park
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.