Engineering Manager - Foundation at Angi
Angi is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
At Angi, we form small, high-impact teams and empower them to iterate rapidly on delivering the best experience for our customers, service professionals, and partners. An engineering manager is the most seasoned engineer responsible for both technical leadership and personnel management in a team. As an engineering manager you will lead and mentor a team of engineers, own large parts of our products, and influence technical and product decisions. You are expected to collaborate across the organization with technical and non-technical peers, grow a team that delivers sound technical solutions to challenging problems, champion the team’s impact to the business, and continuously grow as an engineer and manager.
A typical week:
- Hold one-on-ones with your direct reports or skip-level reports
- Plan the most important projects to work on next alongside a product manager and/or staff engineer
- Review or prepare non-abstract system design for a technical solution
- Investigate and fix a production issue
What you’ll do:
- Build and lead skillful software engineering teams to deliver impactful products
- Establish metrics and practices that champion engineering and operational excellence and review them regularly
- Establish, practice, and continuously improve an effective and transparent product development process
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your peers
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on collaboration, empowerment, and accountability with the engineering and management teams.
- Operate strategically and tactically. Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day-to-day software development.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience architecting, developing, and shipping software products and/or services.
- 3 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that respects its engineers and customers.
- You’ve shipped complex projects with teams of engineers
- You have significant experience with Java, Oracle, Kafka, AWS Cloud, Redis, microservice architecture, and event-driven architecture
- You have successfully decommissioned a monolithic service or migrated from one datastore to another
- You’ve worked at a rapidly iterating business
- You’ve built or operated a two-sided marketplace
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $130,000-$220,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)