About the Role
We’re working to change the way wealth is created.
Yieldstreet is growing very fast and looking for an engineering leader that will be our champion in this mission. This is a crucial role in Yieldstreet’s engineering organization. Together with a super-talented, motivated and distributed complex of engineers, product managers and designers, you will take a hands-on role to build our large and growing, modern and highly distributed platform. You will also manage brilliant engineers, hire and expand our NYC engineering office, and play a big part in defining our engineering process and culture.
What you'll do:
- Develop, mentor, and empower our front end engineers in NY
- Improve the way we build our products - contribute to engineering-wide process improvements across Yieldstreet
- Help us maintain the rapid growth pace for our team by participating in the hiring process, interviewing and being an advocate for Yieldstreet
- Do some hands-on work on our web (React) and mobile (React Native) apps!
What you’ll need:
- Experience managing software engineers
- Strong desire to help people grow - your proudest career accomplishments are helping others
- 5+ years of overall experience, mostly in front end technologies.
- Strong knowledge of React is a must
- Experience working in a team environment, collaborating with Design, Product and Engineering to deliver consumer-facing products
Bonus points for:
- Mobile experience - working on large consumer-facing mobile app
- React Native experience
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Private Business Credit. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is composed of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $2B, and we continue to stay social during the pandemic with virtual social hours, exercise classes, meditation sessions, recipe sharing and so much more!
Yieldstreet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.