At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.The job
Engineering Managers at Justworks lead a team of Software Engineers. They work closely with our Designers and Product Managers to develop products that delight our users and make complex problems simple.
The Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) team is responsible for helping companies manage their employees. Our features help make HR Managers job a dream. From managing the aspects of employing people in 50 states, to making sure each employees day to day HR needs are covered, this team has one of the biggest impacts on keeping our customers focused on their business instead of their HR overhead.
This job requires a strong technical background and a track record for mentoring and growing teams. Our business domains are deep and complex so your ability to positively impact and understand complex systems will set you apart.
- Work with the Engineers, Designers, and Product Managers to scope, prioritize and execute projects so we can improve our product and develop new features.
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams in and out of engineering to understand the requirements and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide guidance and support growth in your direct reports.
- Help plan for the future of your team, it’s products and its people.
- Help recruit, interview, and hire for the entire engineering team.
- A track record of at least two years leading productive engineering teams
- Demonstrable experience in prioritizing, crafting, and executing plans.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to grasp and explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical people.
- High levels of empathy and interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of core web development technologies from the browser to the database
- A want to help develop a product with a positive impact.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.