Engineering Manager, Individual Experience at Asana
We are looking for an engineering manager to lead our Individual Experience team, which oversees the entire user experience for how individuals manage their workflows within Asana. You're an experienced engineering leader who has deep empathy for customers, and can take on challenging, ambiguous projects where the solution is not clear from the outset. You have experience managing complex migrations and understand the organizational challenges of supporting a cross-platform product. You're passionate about helping others contribute and develop as software engineers, as well as human beings. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality, while building a product users love. You are as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems you and your team will solve.
At Asana, we’re defining the work management category and helping teams work together effortlessly to do great things together. Our product engineering team works closely with designers, product managers, experience researchers, and data scientists to create the best experience for our customers. We’re involved in the entire product process, from conception to post-launch reflection. We have deep empathy for both our teammates and our users, in order to understand how we can best work together to help others work better together.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of 4-8 engineers on the web product engineering team
- Ensure a great, reliable experience for Asana users around the globe while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of development and iterations
- Coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to grow the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- Work with other Asana NYC engineering leaders to guide and shape the culture and growth of the NYC office
- Experience managing a technical team
- Kind and intellectually mature
- Willing and able to dive into code yourself
- Excited to partner with design and product management on both large new features and small daily product enhancements
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it