Teachable is looking for an Engineering Manager for the Infrasec team. We're a growing team of people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, architecture, and are driven by a mission to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income.
We are looking for an experienced leader to join our team focusing on developer tools, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices, and DevSecOps. The Infrasec team delivers infrastructure as code tools and services that enable our engineers to amplify productivity, quality, and resilience.
You’ll help deliver new tools and systems that make engineering more impactful as well as maintain and improve current systems, all while helping mentor and grow a team of amazing engineers. You will have an integral role in supporting our creators who entrust Teachable with their content every day.
You can read up more about our DevOps culture in this interview with our Director of Engineering, Cybersecurity & Platform.
- Mentor and lead a team of engineers, focusing on both their day-to-day responsibilities as members of the product engineering team and also their career growth, interpersonal and leadership skills, and future-facing goals
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their needs and help craft solutions that advance our mission and make platform tooling a joy to use
- Improve our software delivery pipeline in a way that makes it expedient and encourages a culture of high code quality
- Design resilient, secure, high availability cloud infrastructure to support long-term engineering goals
- Play an instrumental role in migrating applications to EKS
- Plan and execute disaster recovery procedures and take part in business continuity planning
- Make service your mission as you optimize our infrastructure to enable increasing deployment frequency with a reduction in change failure rates
- Evangelize and mentor software engineers on DevOps principles
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of building, hiring, running, and caring about teams of engineers, Platform, Site Reliability Engineering, or DevOps teams strongly preferred
- 5+ years of professional hands-on experience building reliable, scalable, and secure cloud native solutions in AWS Experience with a wide array of AWS services (EC2, RDS, EKS, ECS, Route53, and more…)
- Extensive knowledge and experience building CI/CD pipelines with a developer first mindset
- Experience with one or more of Terraform, Cloudformation, Ansible or comparable configuration management toolsProgramming experience in Ruby, Python or other object-oriented languages
- A track record of fostering collaboration, inclusion, and safety among the team
- Sympathy for the complexities of being a developer and desire to help make deploying code as frictionless and secure as possible
- Excitement for the prospect of collaborating with a diverse team to tackle meaningful problems each and every day
- A curious/humble/ambitious personality with a desire to work in a diverse, cross-functional environment (see our Product Engineering Operating Principles)
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.