We're seeking a hands-on Engineering Manager to lead a team within the Initiatives Pillar of Engineering. The Initiatives Pillar pursues major strategic opportunities for Cedar, such as:
- Building new Cedar products from the ground up (example: Cedar’s pre-visit product)
- Expanding our existing products to meet major client needs (example: crafting a seamless integration between Cedar and the most ubiquitous patient/provider portals)
The Initiatives Pillar can be thought of as a startup within a startup. Cedar creates new initiative teams when we have important business goals that span across our existing products or code base, and require the focus of a dedicated team to get to market quickly. Initiative teams engage deeply with our clients and rapidly iterate on product and technical ideas. We’re seeking people who are excited about innovation in healthcare, have solid technical skills, and are comfortable working with ambiguity.
This Engineering Manager will identify and set clear goals for an Initiatives team and guide them through execution, all while acting as a senior individual contributor to our codebase.
- Manage and build a team of 4-6 individual contributors
- Help team members grow in their career and scale their contributions to Cedar
- Lead by example: be a meaningful, hands on contributor
- Engage with Cedar clients as a technical leader. Understand needs, guide technical discussions, and train other engineers to work with clients
- Collaborate closely with product and design teams to build new products, and with Cedar’s commercial team to provide the best solutions for clients
- Help engineering and the broader Cedar organization grow. Streamline process, build tools, and identify growth opportunities to help Cedarians on other teams.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience, as engineering manager or tech lead
- Experience building complex web applications
- Strong project management skills
- Experience collaborating with product and design teams
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience hiring and building teams
- Python expertise
- Based in the New York City area (open to remote)
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Engineering Manager who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.