The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier, and are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing, Internal Tools team. The engineering team is building a subscription e-commerce platform from the ground up to support hundreds of thousands of orders being shipped out every single day. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to partner with our Head of Engineering to provide development, coaching, and mentorship to our team; refine processes, and help with multi-functional management.
This hire will be supporting the Internal Tools team to deliver outstanding output and to continuously seek ways to have a positive impact on the engineering team and the business as a whole. The Internal Tools team owns two focus areas: the in-house order management system for our Customer Experience team and the Order Management System for our Operations team. This team is also responsible for owning the ERP buildout with NetSuite. Some of the challenges include re-architecting our order processing system to support the large amount of orders we receive daily, decouple services, and build out third party integrations (3PLs, ERPs, and other service providers).
This Engineering Manager will need to own performance management and ensure successful team development. On a day-to-day basis, this person will partner closely with Product Managers and Engineers to craft the product and improve processes while removing roadblocks and uncertainty.
- Support a team of 5-8 engineers with a focus on mentorship, coaching and personal development
- Grow and manage a team of hardworking and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- Foster an inclusive, respectful, and dynamic team
- Develop a healthy and collaborative culture that is true to The Farmer’s Dog’s values
- Enable the team to deliver outstanding output
- Participate in system design and architecture conversations
- Represent the team in high-level, cross-disciplinary road-mapping discussions
- Advocate for the team and remove obstacles
- 6+ years of total software engineering experience
- 3+ years of recent, engineering management experience with a range of responsibilities from developing talent to growing your team into a robust, healthy development organization
- Experience successfully delegating team responsibilities, conducting 1:1’s, and providing frequent, transparent, meaningful feedback
- Domain knowledge of E-Commerce
- Experience architecting for high-scalability and availability
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota