Engineering Manager, International Growth at DoorDash
Come lead the product team responsible for the global expansion of Doordash. We're looking for an Engineering Manager with strong product sense to lead the International Growth engineering team in New York City. In this role you will solve new market challenges and help Doordash navigate local issues in each country. Work closely with GMs and their Operations teams to help grow the business internationally. This spans iOS, Android, Web, and Backend by applying insights from millions of consumers and hundreds of thousands of merchants.
International Growth is responsible for the depth and breadth of integration of Doordash product offerings internationally. Depth of integration focuses on how smoothly the DoorDash marketplace is operating in each country. This includes payment integrations, translations, compliance and tax calculations to gather market intelligence and tooling required by local Ops to configure the product. Breadth of integration is to make sure all Doordash offerings include Doordash Drive, and new use cases are available in all markets.
What You’ll Achieve
- You will lead a team that will work alongside business, product and operations.
- Solving problems related to growth, finding the next step function to grow business.
- Experiment new ideas, build MVPs, iterate and extend current functionalities
- Inspire your team and others with your technical vision and customer obsession to balance development velocity with technical quality of the solution
- Recruit and retain talented software engineers focused on distributed systems, web and mobile development.
- Rolling up your sleeves with hands on contributions when necessary.
- Coaching, mentoring and providing career guidance.
What We're Looking For
- Committed - you’ll do whatever it takes to deliver
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Customer obsessed - you care about Doordash customers globally, from consumers to dashers and merchants
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Humble - you’re willing to jump in and you’re open to feedback
- Growth-minded - you enjoy driving projects to hit business goals and growing Doordash business globally
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of industry experience
- You have at least 2 years experience in an engineering management role.
- Prior experience building user facing features in production
- Prior experience in backend system, web or mobile development
- Product Engineering - you've built meaningful large features with polished user experience and direct business impact. Bonus if you worked on projects that required cross team collaboration.
Familiarity with the following technologies
- Familiar with Backend and distributed system design, building scalable, highly available and extensible backend systems
- Familiar with web and mobile development, frameworks, architectures and libs
- Familiar with Kotlin, Redis, Cassandra, React, Swift
- Familiar with a cloud based environment such as AWS
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 850 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.