DigitalOcean’s Managed Database is welcoming a new technical engineering manager to support our engineers, grow our culture, and lead the team developing our customer-facing managed database products. This person will be responsible for guiding the development of a mixed-skill engineering team, facilitating communications, providing clarity of vision and priority, and empowering the team to create creative solutions for our partners and customers.
The Managed Database team focuses on supporting the operations and development of platform and API solutions of DigitalOcean Managed Database products.
We are excited to meet candidates who share our passions for technology solutions, healthy services, and being loving service providers, team members, and leaders.What You’ll Be Working On:
- Growing and leading a highly-collaborative remote engineering team
- Developing and shepherding complex NoSQL cloud database engineering projects.
- Introducing and improving processes for team performance and quality-of-life
- Helping the team achieve higher standards of performance and product quality
- Collaborating with product owners and cross-functional teams to design idiomatic, feature-rich, and operationally sustainable software solutions
- Developing personal growth plans, providing feedback, and supporting the goals of individual team members and the team as a whole
- Facilitating transparent, constructive communication and a fair, but growth-oriented, distribution of responsibilities between team members
- Providing coaching and counseling via mentoring, one-on-one meetings, etc
- A passion for leading, coaching, and mentoring software engineers
- Interest in the cloud database technologies, particularly NoSQL
- Excitement about designing and operating services at scale or in the cloud
- An appreciation for process and developing cross-disciplinary collaboration between engineering, operations, support, and product groups
- Familiarity with end-to-end quality best practices and their implementation
- Enthusiasm for staffing, interviewing, growing, and retaining teams
- Background interfacing with and operating SQL and NoSQL engines
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!