Engineering Manager, Manufacturing Test
Latch is seeking an Engineering Manager, Manufacturing Test to be an integral part of Latch’s Manufacturing team with emphasis on hardware and software for electronic test stations. The candidate will work in a collaborative environment where creativity and innovation are demanded and serve as the leader for developing and executing robust and reliable test systems for Latch production lines.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Develop and grow a team of engineers (local and remote) to support the planning, development, and deployment of test systems (hardware and software) for mass production
- Drive communication between and collaborate with Backend, Firmware, Security, and Electrical teams on manufacturing test requirements
- Lead the system architecture for final manufacturing test of new products
- Monitor test station development throughout the NPI lifecycle with Asian contract manufacturers
- Build processes to increase reliability in code deployments, specifically for firmware and software integration
- Support, troubleshoot and manage existing manufacturing test scripts, primarily in Python
- Streamline efficiency for data collection and debugging by creating metrics to monitor health of production stations
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Solid understanding of hardware product development lifecycle, software development lifecycle, embedded systems, and source code management
- Comfortable working in international factory environments with international teams, specifically experience with Asian contract manufacturers
- Possess strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Able to travel domestically and internationally, up to 20%
- 3 years of experience in NPI and manufacturing of electronics
- Experience with security concepts; encryption algorithms, digital signatures, key storage and infrastructure, secure communications, etc.
- Ability to conduct code reviews and a proficiency in Python (or similar scripting language), specifically experience with python serial, multi-threading, and graphical interface libraries (e.g. Qt)
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture backed startup building the world’s first complete smart access system. We now boast over 100 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City. We offer unlimited Paid Time Off and a competitive health package. And we offer an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers. And there is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.
Applicant Privacy Notice