Engineering Manager, Mobile
At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products accurately detect and prevent even the most sophisticated bots and our customers include some of the web's largest and most forward-thinking companies.
Our team of engineers is friendly, curious, driven, and highly collaborative. We support one another and regularly hold code reviews to facilitate learning and reduce friction during our 2-week releases. We strive for clean and readable code. Our engineers also work closely with other teams in the company, including creative, product, and customer support.
What you'll do:
The Mobile SDK team embeds in our customers’ applications to collect signals to detect fraud. We are looking for an Engineering Manager to architect, design, develop and test our iOS and Android Mobile SDKs and continuously improve their performance, availability and scalability. Experience with fast and scalable SDKs is a must as well experience with performance benchmarking and testing strategies.
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper
- You look to find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation
- You are open and transparent and work in tight collaboration with the rest of White Ops
Who you are:
- Experience architecting low level SDK processes in complex mobile applications with high usage patterns
- Proficiency in both Android and iOS architectures
- Experience improving performance and finding unique ways to get the most out of every bit of CPU
- Experience establishing testing best practices and frameworks for all device types
- Exposure to Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment & Test Driven Development preferred
- Recognize exceptional talent and hire a top tier Mobile SDK team inclusive of iOS and Android engineers who each make project impact within the first 3 months of hire
- Facilitate technical architecture and design of high performance mobile SDK optimizations with minimal to no device experience impact
- Implement development best practices that will reduce the number of post production defects and improve code quality
- Implement testing best practices that will reduce the number of post production defects across all mobile device types
- Provide coaching and mentorship to team by providing challenging work, regular feedback, and fostering an environment where everyone can do their best work as measured by team retrospectives and feedback
- Set project goals, facilitate success, and unblock team impediments
- Introduce impactful features onto the product roadmap
- Partner with Mobile detection team and Product Manager to implement new signal collection
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the web’s largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, and enterprise businesses globally by detecting and blocking bots. It’s an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is centrally located in NYC in the heart of the Flatiron District. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year and we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform • We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission • We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity • We're committed to building a product companies need • We have created an environment that optimizes your skills and brings out your best work •