Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is staffing a full stack New Markets development team in New York City. True to the Affirm mission of delivering honest financial products that improve lives, the New Markets team is broadening Affirm’s impact by expanding into financial markets beyond retail lending in the US. This encompasses both new financial product types, such as savings accounts, as well as scaling our retail lending product internationally.
The team has several exciting projects to prove viability in new financial markets, with an eye towards scaling successful launches when they find traction. We are looking for Senior Android Engineer to help us build, launch, and validate new products.
What You'll Do
- As the founding engineer of the NYC office, You’ll be responsible for hiring and building a team of engineers to develop and support international expansion of Affirm’s platform and products
- Collaborate cross-functionally across the engineering, product, commercial, finance, and risk organizations to drive high-impact projects
- You will provide leadership and growth opportunities to your team members, develop talent, mentor engineers, drive hiring and represent Affirm’s recruiting brand
- Participate in conferences and industry meet-ups
What We Look For
- Passion to drive the change in consumer banking for the better.
- Solid leadership and communication skills. Experience in managing diverse engineering teams.
- 5-15 years of software engineering experience. Expert knowledge of a dynamically typed language -- we primarily use Python, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies.
- Solid CS fundamentals and hands on coding skills.
- Industry background in retail, integration SDK development, identity verification, underwriting, or loan servicing is a plus
- Technical expertise with web frontend (React/Redux), API development (Python+Flask), or data pipelines is a plus
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.