NS1 optimizes delivery of the world’s most critical internet and enterprise applications. Only NS1’s platform is built on a modern API-first architecture that acts on real-time data and grows more powerful in complex environments, transforming DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management (IPAM) into an intelligent, efficient, and automated system. NS1’s technology drives dramatic gains in IT efficiency and application performance, reliability, and security for the largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Pitney Bowes, Squarespace, Pandora and The Guardian. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers in the most mission critical parts of their stack.The Role
NS1 is looking for an experienced engineering leader for our Observability and Technical Operations Teams to join our engineering department. Together, these teams own our first level of support across all engineering products, incident management, tooling to support observability across all of our products. The role is based in the US and works with a fast-growing and talented team distributed across multiple continents.
You have a track record of being on the front line in operational roles responding to challenges and incidents in mission critical internet environments. You have demonstrated the ability to build new structures and work within existing ones. You strive for quality and reliability in both software and operations, and internalize and translate the needs of customers into your daily activities as you lead your team. You enjoy working in an environment that includes both virtual and physical servers. You are motivated to see problems solved in distributed environments and highly technical systems. You have a willingness to consider new approaches for existing and new issues in both software and hardware.
As a leader, you are willing to step outside your comfort zone and take on new responsibilities, learn about new systems, technologies and processes. You have a proven ability to work independently and collaborate with others. You are capable of working with flexible requirements, managing priorities and time effectively. You have a strong belief in the potential of your team members, and are committed to enabling your team to grow, develop, and challenge themselves in their career at NS1. You give constructive feedback early and often, you enable continuous improvement as you lead, and you have a tendency to coach, mentor, and connect.
Working closely with the Director of Infrastructure Services, you will be a primary intersection point across the business at NS1, facilitating collaboration in order to maintain service stability, align communication between different engineering product verticals, infrastructure and network services, product management and customer success teams.
- Directly manage and grow the Observability and Technical Operations teams
- Manage, maintain and evolve effective 24/7 operational coverage in a high visibility, highest availability, mission critical environment.
- Deliver needed services and tooling to enable observability strategies, incident management and first level support across all engineering products.
- Manage and take primary ownership of our incident management procedures.
- Identify opportunities for new roles within annual hiring plans. Work with the internal recruiting team to attract, interview, hire, and onboard new engineers.
- Nurture an environment on the engineering team that aligns with NS1’s core values and supports a space for technical expertise and excellent engineering.
- Currently managing a team of engineers (experience overseeing technical leads and members in different time zones a plus).
- Current or prior experience in oncall environments.
- Prior experience implementing observability strategies and tools.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring, growing and promoting individuals on a team, including hiring strategy and practices.
- Unparalleled attention to detail and prolific communicator.
- Demonstrated ability to see projects to completion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated comfort with remote communication culture.
- Meticulously organized, with strong attention to detail and understanding of intricate cross-dependencies.
- Resourceful, creative, pragmatic, and empathetic.
- Experience managing multiple teams.
- Internet infrastructure domain experience, including system administration
- Experience delivering both SaaS and on premise software products.
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.