Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro’s vertically integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro seamlessly connects telehealth, diagnostics, and pharmacy services to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
As an Engineering Manager on our Patient Experience team, you’ll build the products and technology that help us meet our patients at eye level and reduce complexity. Our goal is to enhance the trust and confidence of our patients while giving them a seamless and empowering way to take control of their health. Leading the Platform Team, you’ll have a unique experience of driving a technical roadmap to enhance the software and systems that our Patient Experience teams rely on. In this role you’ll collaborate with engineering leaders and teams across the org, and bring those best practices and engineering excellence to building the future platform of Patient Experience. At Ro you’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment, make an impact and lead with empathy to develop and mentor engineering teams building complex products, solutions, and systems.
What you'll do:
- Lead a highly adaptable team that can responsibly deliver on short and long term improvements to our platform and architecture
- Bring a track record of strong engineering leadership in scaling highly performant and decoupled systems
- Contribute actively towards the development and structure of the organization, including team structure, recruiting, and hiring
- Develop talent and grow your team into a high performing healthy development organization by supporting them through strong delegation, 1:1’s, and regular transparent, actionable feedback
- Collaborate with Product, Data, and Design teams to help define the strategy, roadmap, and support with technical design, work breakdown, implementation, testing, and deployment of features, products, and systems
What you'll bring:
- Successful track record of building high performing, healthy, and sustainable teams that addressed increasingly complex technical and organizational challenges
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a solid understanding of the entire software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships across the organization from Engineering Managers, Leads, Product Managers, Designers, and Data colleagues
- Strong communication, analytical, and technical skills
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.