Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
We're seeking an Engineering Manager to lead a team within the Patient Pillar of Engineering. The Patient Pillar owns the entire patient experience for our core post-visit product and is made up of teams building products that empower our patients as users. Some examples of the projects these teams work on:
- Owning on our state-of-the-art personalization platform that tailors the experience of each individual patient.
- Building new pathways for patients to resolve their bills (eg. insurance capture, financial aid application)
- Building tools to enable scalable client-specific configuration of our product so we can support the needs of a fast growing and diverse set of healthcare providers
As part of a rapidly growing pillar within our engineering team, this Engineering Manager will be responsible for hiring and growing their team. They will identify and set clear goals for the team and guide them through execution, all while acting as a senior individual contributor to our codebase. Someone who is mission-driven and motivated to make a positive impact will succeed in this role!
- Build and manage a team of 4-6 individual contributors
- Lead by example: be a meaningful, hands on contributor
- Conduct design and code reviews with the team
- Play a key role in architectural and implementation decisions and articulate the impact of those decisions to Cedar’s team members
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and data science teams to continuously innovate on Cedar's products
- Be a part of the way we make decisions as it relates to scaling Cedar and our products
- Effectively communicate across makers and non-makers teams
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of software engineering management or mentorship experience
- Experience hiring and building teams
- Experience building complex web applications
- Experience with AWS, relational databases, REST APIs, MVC Architecture, and OOP principles
- Strong project management skills
- Experience collaborating with product and design teams
- Python expertise is preferred
- Based in the New York City area or willing to relocate
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly with 300,000 patients a day (+500% in one year)
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Engineering Manager who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.