DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager with strong product sense to oversee our Pickup engineering team in New York City. In this role, you will be responsible for building the Pickup/Takeout business to be one of the largest business lines within DoorDash.
Your team will span mobile, web, backend engineers and will work across multiple platforms to ensure the end to end pickup experience is flawless. This involves the shopping experience of discovering and searching restaurants on the app, ensuring a seamless handoff at the store with zero wait time, building a rewarding experience that brings customers back, and everything else in between. You will be partnering with GMs, operations and product leads to create a bold vision and roadmap to propel the Pickup business to exciting new heights.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of full-stack engineers (ios, android, web, backend)
- Grow the team by developing internal leaders (managers and senior IC’s) and attracting world-class talent
- Provide technical guidance and leadership
- Engage with key internal business stakeholders to define the roadmap and vision for our Pickup product, including building the right technical foundations for exponential growth
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in people management, ideally leading a full-stack team (backend, web, & mobile) of 10+
- Extensive experience working on user-facing products
- Extensive experience as an engineer in a product-focused development environment
- Hands-on leadership and strong product intuition
- You’re humble - willing to get into the details and open to feedback
- Growth mindset - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.