We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager for Platform Security to build and lead multiple teams in securing platforms that sit on top of our cloud environments. The focus of the teams is to secure access to our environments (Zero Trust), defend our systems at the network layer, develop solutions to assess and defend our cloud environments and develop and mature programs to support these goals.
You will own the teams and solutions that partner with various engineering teams to ensure security concerns are addressed, build the paved roads that establish secure-by-default configurations, and detect and protect critical threats that may impact our products.
You will establish the proper relationships to understand support models needed by teams as well as establish the proper metrics to show continuous improvements.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact, the product is seeing very high growth, with many new features to build as well as a need for scaling up dramatically. You’ll be involved in every step of the process—defining organization, strategy, and executing while hiring world-class security, data analytics, and software engineers.
- Develop and lead 3+ teams of talented software and security engineers who are responsible for secure access to our infrastructure, engineer systems to assess and secure cloud systems, develop and lead our IAM program and protect our platforms and systems which run in the cloud.
- Partner with Datadog’s product management teams by becoming a customer of our security products and champion areas of improvement
- Develop strategic roadmaps that align product and team developments to business requirements and top security risks
- Engineer solutions to scale security baseline checks against cloud resources and develop automated remedial workflows to drive preventative security measures
- Define and drive the strategy to defend and protect our productions environments including Kubernetes, container and the infrastructure pods leverage to be secure
- Create and evangelise a world-class partnership program with engineering teams to guarantee success of the mission
- Proven experience building cutting-edge software engineering teams
- Proven experience leading cloud security and compute security or IAM programs
- You have designed capabilities that scale to support a large set of teams and built production-ready services
- Focus on building a diverse and inclusive organization
- Motivation and ability to grow talent by providing a proper mentorship and performance management environment while prioritizing empathy
- Understand the value of driving efficiencies through automation, orchestration, and partnerships with external teams
- You have demonstrated experience in talking to customers and designing solutions that meet their needs
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when reviewing documentation
- Proven experience leading geographically distributed teams
- Are passionate about building products that engineers love and believe in the true outcome of security
- You are confident representing your ideas and opinions in a manner that can be challenged and respond to feedback well
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.