Alloy is a leading provider of digital identity management and supports innovative fintech companies and banks to manage KYC, AML, and other components of client onboarding. Alloy’s single API enables its clients to access over 50 third party data sources in real-time to improve decision-making and streamline client experiences. We're backed by venture capital firms that have taken countless companies to IPO like Bessemer Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Eniac Ventures, and others and well positioned to bring on incredibly talented individuals to help take us to the next level!Why we’re hiring
This position is very exciting - we're looking for someone to come build out and manage a new "Platform Team." As Alloy grew, we wanted to keep our engineers as close to our users and product as possible, so the engineering team has become more and more product-focused. The downside of that has been a lack of focus or ownership of the engineering platform and architecture. We want to give that a home in... *the platform engineering team!*
This will be a big project, but it will set the foundation of everything we do here as engineers. You will have the flexibility and budget to recruit the people you need both internally and externally to staff up to achieve your goals. Come join an exciting startup company in the fintech space named one of Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Stars 2019: 20 Up-And-Comers!What you’ll be doing
The Engineering Manager's responsibility is primarily their team. They need to be able to balance their three key responsibilities: recruiting and hiring great people, developing and mentoring each person that reports into them, and assisting their team to build and ship the best product in whatever means possible.
For the Platform Team specifically, we've written this doc to detail the exact background, goals, and example projects your team could take on: https://www.notion.so/alloy/Platform-Squad-Proposal-6d4ceee7515a4e3f81c3d44f5031105eAs the Engineering Manager you’ll:
- Hire an incredible team that lives our values
- Improve the happiness and productivity of the team
- Create, track, and manage our engineering team's metrics and KPIs - think Accelerate's "Four Key Metrics"
- Hold weekly 1:1's and support the professional development of team members
- Drive code review, QA, release, and continuous deployment processes
- Manage agile projects in conjunction with our CTO to improve the platform our product is built on
- Communicate technical and product decisions to the right people, resolve blocking issues, and keep our development machine humming
- Embody technical ownership and spread that through your team to ship great features that everyone can be proud of
- Improve the quality, security, and performance of the product through the work your team does and how you prioritize work that isn't directly client-facing
Engineering Managers at Alloy are facilitators, not dictators. You need to have the technical and managerial knowledge to help your team succeed and foster a collaborative work environment across all the other teams, both in engineering and elsewhere. We think the best way to set you up for success in this position, you should have:
- 6+ years of engineering experience, at least 2 of which should be in an engineering leadership position
- Agile project management skills: experience leading sprint planning and execution
- Experience with mentorship and helping engineers grow to achieve their career goals
- Experience recruiting and hiring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Humble - agrees with the philosophy of servant leadership; you lead by pointing people in the right direction and being there to help support them along the way, not by micromanaging or demanding
- Extra credit:
- Experience in high-growth product companies
We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately. If this all sounds like a good fit for you, why not join us?Benefits and Perks!
- Unlimited PTO and we are remote until 2021*
- Company Paid Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- 401k with 100% match up to 4%
- $500 to just set up your WFH space - a one time thing
- Annual Professional Development Budget
- Annual Citi Bike Membership
- Monthly Commuter Budget
- Monthly stipend for groceries from Public Goods
- Weekly lunch allowance on Seamless
- Contribution to Lifetime, NYSC, or ClassPass
- Four Free Therapy Sessions
Apply right here. You've found the application!
Alloy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We’re committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.