We are hiring an Engineering Manager to help us scale our platform and help us build and distribute the most accurate Provider Directory data asset in the US. You will be responsible for scaling out our API and our ability to power provider data management across the healthcare ecosystem. You will act as a player-coach, leading a team that improves our product vertically and horizontally while fostering a vibrant, productive, and supportive environment for your reports.
What we look for at Ribbon:
- Passion and drive to simplify healthcare by building products that increase access to care and power every healthcare decision to be high-quality, cost-effective, and convenient
- Commitment to Ribbon Health company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude; strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams
- Dedication to the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where teammates are celebrated for their unique perspectives and work together to simplify healthcare for all
What we’re looking for in this role:
- You have experience leading Engineering teams focused on APIs and Platforms, either by title or by function. You have an opinion about best practices and can effectively implement your vision.
- You have been a software engineer and have worked on tough data problems. You have experience scaling APIs, troubleshooting performance bottlenecks, and building products for other engineers.
- You see yourself as a mentor and enjoy supporting and developing engineers. You’ve developed engineers technically and professionally and significantly impacted their career growth.
- You are fluent in SQL and can dive deep into any technical problem. You enjoy troubleshooting problems and helping to identify realistic and effective solutions.
- Design and build a scalable Platform: You will collaborate with key stakeholders to make sure our platform can scale.
- Develop, train, and mentor engineers: As a player coach, you will lead engineers by both example and direct mentorship.
- Explore and troubleshoot technical gaps: You will keep a critical eye on our technical strategy, identify gaps, and come up with creative solutions.
- Collaborate cross-functionally: You will be the representative of the Platform team, and you will work cross-functionally across the org to achieve greater business objectives.
How we live out our values for our teammates
Our goal is to make this the best career decision any of us have ever made. We stand by our values to make it happen.
Run Toward Hard Problems | We are motivated by the toughest challenges. We seek out hard problems that have the most impact and solve them to help those who need it most. We encourage our teammates to take ownership of outcomes that motivate them. Everyone at Ribbon has a say in our objective and key result (OKR) planning process for their teams and across teams.
Put Your Team First | We are a family. We are all happier and healthier when we take care of each other and put each other’s needs ahead of our own. We take care of you by offering fully covered insurance premiums on health, vision, and dental, a 401K plan match, and a flexible working policy that includes progressive family leave guidelines, flexible working schedules, and unlimited vacation.
Do What You Say | We are honest with each other. We are accountable to each other. When we commit to accomplishing our goals, we make it happen. Every team member has the opportunity to own high-impact work at Ribbon.
Stay Hungry, Keep Improving | We are humble. We will make mistakes, learn from those mistakes, and be better because of those mistakes. Here, feedback is a gift and mistakes are learning opportunities. We have a thoughtful culture that focuses on giving and receiving regular positive and constructive feedback to help us support each other and make each other better. Also, speaking of “hungry” we offer plenty of snacks, food, and coffee.
Practice Habits of Excellence | We measure our success by the process it took to get there. We will always do our very best and we are proud of the outcome because of it. At Ribbon, we focus on how we get things done by documenting and sharing our learnings, We are building the systems we need to scale our company and support our work for the long-term.
Build With Empathy | We are building the best healthcare experience for our users. When faced with a difficult decision, we do what’s best for people’s lives. This includes our team. Every Ribbon teammate shares working and lifestyle norms, and we hold each other accountable to respecting these norms so each person can balance work-life integration that works for them.
Ribbon Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, performance, and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]