The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, and Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding and seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing, Platform function. The Engineering Department is building a subscription e-commerce platform from the ground up to support hundreds of thousands of orders being shipped out every single day. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to partner with our Head of Engineering to provide development, coaching, and mentorship to our function; refine processes, and help with multi-functional management.
This hire will be supporting the Platform Engineering "Pawd." We view Platform Engineering as a "successful" function when Software Engineers are able to deliver their software to end-users quickly, safely, while feeling a high degree of ownership throughout the process. The Platform Engineering function helps bridge the gap between IT Operations and Software Engineering for our service functions. This group is responsible for building and maintaining our software infrastructure, tools, and services that engineers and other technical users collectively use in a self-service fashion as a platform.
This Engineering Manager will need to own performance management and ensure successful team development. On a day-to-day basis, this person will partner closely with our current Platform Engineers, Product Managers and Engineers to craft the product and improve processes while removing roadblocks and uncertainty.How You'll Make An Impact
- Support a group of 3+ engineers with a focus on mentorship, coaching and personal development
- Grow and manage a gorup of hardworking and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- Foster an inclusive, respectful, and dynamic group
- Develop a healthy and collaborative culture that is true to The Farmer’s Dog’s values
- Enable the group to deliver outstanding output
- Participate in system design and architecture conversations
- Represent the group in high-level, cross-disciplinary road-mapping discussions
- Advocate for the group and remove obstacles
- 5+ years of professional experience in Software Engineering, DevOps, Platform or SRE related fields
- 1+ years of recent, engineering management experience with a range of responsibilities from developing talent to growing your group into a robust, healthy development organization
- Experience efficiently delegating group responsibilities, conducting 1:1’s, and providing frequent, transparent, meaningful feedback
- Experience architecting for high-scalability and availability
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug