Engineering Manager- Product Engineering - Backend at Peloton
POWER THE PELOTON EXPERIENCE
As a member of Peloton’s Product Engineering API team you’ll be powering every user experience across Bike, Tread, mobile, web, and TV in four different countries. We help users take live and on-demand classes, send each other high-fives, compete on the leaderboard, take part in challenges, discover new music, and much more. You will be leading a team of thoughtful engineers, running large projects, collaborating with team members on project scopes, setting milestones, driving solid execution, as well as identifying project risks and dependencies.
We are building an API that changes people’s lives, you can check out the Peloton members page and see what our users are up to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pelotonmembers/
- Staff and manage a team of engineers responsible for developing and enhancing the product experience for our members
- Implement best practices in architectural design and mentor the team in these practices
- Solid understanding of a SOA, with deep knowledge and experience in designing and building services
- Motivate and drive a continuous performance based culture within the team. Provide management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1’s and other forums as needed to support the group and individual development objectives of team members
- Collaborate with cross functional team members from Design, Product, Program Management, Client teams and UX in order to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives including defining objectives and driving new architecture.
- Instill a culture of automation, re-use and engineering efficiency
- Identify cross-functional dependencies and remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, and product management
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality
- 8+ years of software development experience, with experience building complex backend systems working across a variety of client applications
- 3+ years of leadership experience in team leadership and technology management
- Passion for building a scalable backend architecture that supports a rapid growing user base
- Well proven understanding of system design, API design and database design
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- Experience with CI/CD and how to incorporate test automation into development flows
- Experience working with Agile methodology and delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of individuals in order to maximize team effectiveness; provide guidance to individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring
- Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers
- Effectively communicate between teams and within teams in order to drive alignment and increase effectiveness on delivery
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Experience with transitioning from a monolith to a SOA
- Experience with Python and Kotlin development
- Roll up your sleeves and take on development work
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.