Engineering Manager, Security
Squarespace is looking for a Security Engineering Manager. In this role, you’ll lead a distributed team of versatile engineers across a broad set of disciplines (including application security, corporate systems security, identity and access management, and offensive security engagements) and oversee the deployment of technical security services and solutions.
The Squarespace Security Team safeguards the systems, services and processes that support the ideas and businesses of our global customers, as well as our employees and partners. You’ll play a key role in maintaining and furthering a security mindset across the organization, so that we are proactively mitigating risk and building smarter.
- Mentor and grow a distributed team of security engineers and analysts
- Establish individual and team goals, and empower your team to deliver on those goals
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic and technical goals
- Own the planning and delivery of technical security solutions to ultimately reduce risk for Squarespace
- Develop and report performance metrics that demonstrate business impact and risk reduction
- Be a key contributor to Squarespace’s security roadmap, product roadmap, and overall planning for the engineering organization.
- Engage with stakeholders across all departments to ensure that business needs are understood and met
- Degree in computer science, physics or mathematics
- Experience managing a technical team
- Ability to build trust with your team, product, legal, and leadership so that you may be an effective partner and influencer within the organization.
- Deep experience in application security, penetration testing, and vulnerability management
- Ability to build software tools and mentor engineers in this work
- Experience working with GRC, or similar teams on policy implementation, risk management, and security compliance projects
- Active participation in the larger security community
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 900 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.