Engineering Manager - Security at Lifion by ADP
We are looking for a dynamic Cloud Security Leader with strong experience in infrastructure and data security to lead our Security Engineering team. You’ll be responsible for delivering cloud, application & data security capabilities for a web-scale HR platform.
You'll have an opportunity to lead a high-powered team to create amazing products that are secure, efficient, highly available and responsive. We are seeking dynamic individuals who can own a significant portion of our architecture, applications and technology landscape. You’ll operate with autonomy and authority, ensuring a mix of freedom and learning from the wealth of talent we’ve been fortunate to build here.
You will be responsible for new architecture designs, vetting and implementing the appropriate security monitors, defenses and countermeasures at each layer of our software stack, resulting in a robust, reliable and secure cloud platform. You will have the opportunity to work with our Global Security Organization focusing on partnerships while leading broader cloud security initiatives.Responsibilities
- Partner with stakeholders to define security requirements broadly across Lifion’s Platform
- Architect, design & communicate product development planning.
- Proactively advocate for new and enhanced security capabilities across Lifion and wider ADP community.
- Analyze, vet and implement advanced security solutions for a global scale enterprise software platform hosted on the public cloud, with a strong emphasis on the infrastructure, UI/API and datastore layers.
- Evangelize cloud infrastructure security best practices across the organization.
- Lead a team of highly skilled technology security professionals.
- Develop or source tools to identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Align priorities across engineering group's, product development, senior leadership and ADP.
- Detailed technical knowledge of cloud infrastructure, configuration management, software development, and Kubernetes and it’s ecosystem.
- Experience with networking technologies, security and monitoring tools.
- Experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems and vulnerability scanning tools.
- Adequate knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures, Micro-services, Containerization of services) and of network/web related protocols. This includes very basics of web like using REST protocol, using JSON data format.
- Interest in all aspects of security research and development
- Masters/Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field (in lieu of degree, 6 years of relevant work experience)
- Have led agile security engineering teams in the past either in cloud infrastructure or web application security.
- Experience with microservices architecture and docker containers
- Hands-on software development experience in a production capacity (backend preferred)
- Versant in OWASP standards and applying its tenets across the entire application stack