Engineering Manager, Service Infrastructure at WeWork Technology
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and improve the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ counties and will be our rare advantage as the company continues to grow.
The Infrastructure Engineering group is part of the Developer Platform whose mission is to drive our customer’s success by delivering the software, services, and infrastructure they need to build WeWork products. We focus on providing cross-organization dependency visibility, improving cost and efficiency to achieve the company’s goals.
- You will meet customers, gather requirements and ensure the foundation services are aligned with their need and success.
- You will own best practice and standardization for the technology organization.
- You will be hands-on with cloud technology and manage problems and incidents.
- You will mentor the development of your team, building and executing on their personal development plans that map to our organization goals.
- You will recruit and hire talented engineers to join the SRE group.
- You will improve efficiency, reliability and scalability of the WeWork technology.
- You have 5+ years of software development and support, reliability, or operations engineering experience.
- You have 4+ years of successful engineering management experience in a technical operations environment
- Previous operational responsibility for business critical production systems
- You possess strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate teams.
- You have the ability to work in a dynamic and hyper growth work environment.
- You are capable of leading a discussion with upper management.
- You are ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
Nice to have
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
- Microservices concepts
- On-call rotation duty experience
- Reverse proxy experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.