WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager for our Small and Medium Businesses Team (SMB), which is responsible for improving our SMB customers’ experience. We are a small team working in short build-test-learn cycles, understanding our customers’ challenges, and providing solutions to delight them. This role is the first engineering management hire for the SMB team and a great opportunity to impact how we grow our SMB business!
You’ll be a key engineering leader and will help us evolve critical components of our systems, iterating from simple concepts to massive scale systems. You will tackle significant engineering challenges in a small, highly collaborative, and skilled team. You will manage the team and lead software development via coding, design doc review, pull request review, architecture design, growing engineers, setting vision and goals, process and protocol, and hiring.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience as a manager with a strong track record of success.
- Experience working in a player-coach mode, leading a team while providing significant code contributions.
- Experience building foundational systems at scale and spearheading software projects that significantly advance the goals of your organization.
- Experience with iterative processes and process improvement in software engineering teams.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and a user-centric attitude
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.