We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Traffic Generation team is a high profile team, responsible for bringing new customers into the door and growing our audience. We are continuously evolving and extending our platform by being KPI and data driven. We use data to inform us on new opportunities and features to attract and retain customers. We build features at a large scale that are observable and measurable and provide feedback on how we can improve growth and retention. We employ data driven development in everything we do. This way we deliver a best in class experience for our customers and growth for our business.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for the Traffic Generation team to own a growing team of engineers. As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for hiring, growing and shaping that team, providing guidance on career growth, mentoring, designing system architecture and influencing our product vision.
The Impact You Will Make
- Manage a team of software engineers and manage their career progression and planning.
- Communicate with stakeholders, product owners, other technologists, and users to create software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Facilitate your team's agile operations by overseeing all sprints and manage the team backlog.
- Participate in future product direction and help build engineering roadmap.
- Build low latency, high throughput RESTful services.
- Work extensively with data engineering to optimize and identify new opportunities.
- Contribute to the core Traffic Generation platform, software frameworks and SDK's. Build systems that integrate with other real time data sources and services.
- Optimize service runtime for performance and scale. Act as a technical voice in the Engineering organization
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field.
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications
- 3+ years experience managing a team of Engineers and providing mentorship and career progression and planning in a formal setting
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Java, Scala, Python, C# or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Experience with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB)
- Knowledge of or experience with developing distributed systems; experience with cloud. computing services such as AWS
- You will work with your team to monitor and ensure the health of the platform, which includes a 24/7 hour on-call rotation, to ensure a great customer experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]