Engineering Manager, Workflows Team at Catalyst Software
Catalyst is the world’s most intuitive Customer Success Platform (CSP), and was built by an experienced group of industry leaders. Our software integrates with all of the tools that CS teams are already using to provide one centralized view of customer data. Customer Success Managers can subsequently take the right actions to prevent churn, increase product adoption, and align the entire organization on a unified workflow to manage customers throughout their journey. Catalyst helps organizations turn Customer Success into a company-wide mission.
Catalyst is looking for an Engineering Manager for the Workflows team to lead developers in building the tools that Customer Success Managers need to streamline their work and collaborate more effectively. Drive development of the features our users use in their daily workflow: from automating their customer lifecycles, to tracking their large team initiatives. If you’re excited to help change the way companies relate to their customers and are passionate about building a beautiful and intuitive product that wows users, let’s chat!
What You’ll Do
- Develop and grow a high performing, healthy team by coaching, advocating for, and unblocking your team members
- Work closely with Product other cross-functional partners to create a meaningful vision and roadmap
- Work with our recruiting partners on outreach efforts, interviewing, and onboarding
- Foster an inclusive work environment and an engineering culture of continuous improvement with a focus on performance, scalability, reliability, and quality
- Establish team goals and metrics that align the team towards the execution of the company strategy and vision
- Drive performance for your team and hold them accountable to deadlines and targets
- Identify and provide team members with growth opportunities that align with their career goals
- Effectively resolve ambiguity, helping the team to analyze complex requirements and break down features and initiatives into tasks
- Influence change, encourage innovation, development, and growth at every level of the company
What You’ll Need
- 2+ years of experience leading, growing, and inspiring engineering teams
- 5+ years of experience in software development & delivery
- Passion for growing and developing engineers, helping them level up in their careers through regular feedback
- A track record of fostering collaboration among team members through effective process
- Past success hiring talented engineers at different levels
- Ability to make the tradeoffs required to ship without compromising quality or team health
- Track-record of delivering high-quality products and a knack for getting things done
- Excellent communication skills, used to collaborate both within engineering and across all functions of the company to drive engineering initiatives
- Experience and interest in leading initiatives for improving engineering culture, values, process, and delivery.
- Well proven understanding of system design, API design and database design
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
- Highly competitive compensation package, including equity - everyone has a stake in our growth
- Comprehensive benefits, including 100% paid medical insurance coverage for you, your partner, and your dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need - we trust you to strike the right work/life balance
- Personal Seamless account, to be used for free daily lunches; catered team lunches twice per week
- Monthly team-building events (including game nights - Super Smash Brothers, Team Fortress 2, and Codenames, anyone?, trivia, and more!)
Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer, meaning that we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.